About ME

 




My name is Eloisa Flores, and I am from Eagle Pass, Texas. I have been an educator for eight years. I graduated from Sul Ross State University Rio Grande College with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies. I currently work for the Eagle Pass Independent School District as a general education bilingual teacher. I am certified to teach in Texas from pre-kinder up to sixth grade. I also teach local ESL night classes for the Southwest Texas Junior College Adult Education Literacy program. I love educating and influencing the lives of others in a positive way. It is a profession where you can touch so many people. I am dedicated to making a meaningful impact on others’ education. I truly feel that teaching is a work of heart and education is the greatest gift you can give and receive. My love for teaching and learning is why I want to further my education by seeking my Master of Education Degree in Instructional Technology.
        I believe that my teaching experience up to this point has led me on this journey. My passion for incorporating technology has always been prevalent throughout my teaching career. Looking back on these past years, this pandemic has in a way prepared me to get to this point in my career. It has brought about significant growth in me professionally. School closures caused by this pandemic forced schools to switch to distance learning. During this time, I was able to truly realize my strong technical skills and assert my abilities in my teaching. While conducting my online class, I incorporated interactive lessons using various programs to keep my students engaged. Midway through the pandemic when schools reopened and students returned to the classroom, I continued to implement a stronger technology integration into my teaching. Going through this has changed teachers and students. We both have become more in tune with digital literacy and acquired skills that are necessary in a technology-driven world.  This experience has no doubt heightened my passion for integrating technology into my instruction whether that be for online or in-person learning.
        
         I see it as an essential part of being an educator, to always continue learning for the betterment of yourself. My view is, that there is never enough knowledge to be known. My belief is that you must take that knowledge and put it to great use, if not it can become meaningless information. As the great Leonardo DaVinci once said, “Learning never exhausts the mind.” Therefore, it is my calling to be a lifelong learner. My mind is always thirsty for more knowledge and I intend to use it in a constructive way that can solve problems and bring about some sort of change within our educational systems that leads to innovative teaching.


Comments